This banana bread recipe is super easy and quick to put together. I have tried numerous recipes before and this one is my favourite, it just simply gives perfect results every time.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda, add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, using a rubber spatula gently mix all together until combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease a loaf tin (2lb) and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- After removing your cake from a tin put it onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
From time to time I love adding walnuts our chocolate chips.
Check out our home made granola recipe.