If you haven’t tried chia pudding before, now it is time! Here my favourite chia seeds pudding, that takes just a few minutes to make.
Chia seeds are edible seeds come from the desert plant Salvia Hispanic, a flowering plant in the mint family that grows in Central America and Mexico. The seeds are almost flavourless and are a good source of omega, iron, calcium, fibre, magnesium and antioxidants.
You can sprinkle them on any salad, add to a smoothie or even make a pudding.
- 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds ( organic )
- 1 cup almond milk ( any other milk you prefer )
- 1 teaspoon of honey ( maple syrup or any other sweetener )
- Toppings fresh berries, nuts, granola, sliced bananas ( any fruit, jam )
HOW TO MAKE A CHIA PUDDING:
- Combine milk and honey in a small jar, bowl or glass. Taste it, you can also add a little vanilla extract to boost the flavor.
- Add chia seeds and give your mixture a good stir, for about 5-10 minutes. ( if you don’t stir it, the seeds will clump at the bottom and instead of creamy pudding you will get chia seeds with liquid on top)
- Cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour ( ideally overnight ).
- Before serving stir it once again, top it with fresh berries, fruits, nuts ( or anything you like )
- A healthy breakfast is ready to enjoy.
- Make it vegan by adding maple syrup instead of honey
- Use plant-based milk if you are allergic to nuts
There no doubts that chia seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and Omega-3 fatty acid. But, as I always say there is no miracle food, so do not have any unrealistic expectations. So, If you haven’t tried chia seeds before they will be a great addition to a well-balanced diet.