Avocado toast is one of my favourite breakfasts because it is super yummy, healthy and extremely fast and easy to make. I have tried numerous recipes myself until I found my favourite and I would love to share it with you.
- To begin with, simply toast your bread. You can use any bread you like, but my personal preferences are whole grain bread or multigrain bread.
- Next step is to mash your avocado. Simply cut it in half, remove the seed, put your peeled avocado into a small bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Mix your mashed avocado with salt, pepper and a drizzle of lime.
- Add fresh and nicely chopped herbs, such as fresh basil, cilantro, dill or parsley.
- Spread the mixture on the toasted slice of bread
- Sprinkle sunflower or sesame seeds (optional)
So here is your extremely fast, easy, beautiful and healthy breakfast ready.
To make your already tasty avocado toast even better you can add some toppings:
- Top it with an egg, cooked in the way you like, my favourite will be poached egg.
- Top your toast with a smoked salmon, it works really well with avocado.
- And the last, top your toast with tomatoes ( fresh or roasted ), it will make a great vegetarian combination.
- 1 slice of bread (I like whole-grain bread)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ lime
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- Optional: Any of the extra toppings suggested in this post
Please let me know if you tried recipe?
Leave a comment below.
Also, do check out my favourite breakfast smoothie ideas 🙂