Do you love Granola? Why not to make your very own healthy and tasty granola?
We love granola and can eat it for breakfast, lunch or snack, with yoghurt, fruits, milk or adding it to smoothie bowls, well, we eat a lot of granola. One of the main reasons for me to start making granola home was the cost (the store granola is pretty pricy). Moreover, I love the idea that I can add any ingredients I want as well as control how sweet it is. Here is my current favourite granola recipe:
Easy to make, healthy and, lightly-sweetened granola with orange zest, dried cranberries and pecan nuts. Trust me, you will love this recipe, also, suitable for vegans.
To make this yummy granola you will need:
- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats.
- 1 ½ cups of pecans (or other nuts of your choice)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (olive oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large orange, preferably organic ( Zest )
- 1 ½ cup coconut flakes
- Start from preheating your oven to 170°C
- Line your baking tray with baking parchment.
- Use a big bowl and put all your dry ingredients in it (oats, pecans) and, mix it together.
- In the separate bowl add melted coconut oil, maple syrup (honey), orange zest, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Give it a good whisk and add it to the bowl with dry ingredients.
- When all the ingredients combined, give it a good stir, until every oat and nut is coated.
- Pour your mixture onto a prepared baking tray.
- Spread the granola into an even layer and, bake for about 20 minutes stirring once halfway.
- In 20 minutes remove the granola from the oven, add coconut flakes lightly stir and bake for another 5 minutes.
- When your granola is ready, it should be soft (lightly toasted) and a nice golden colour. Let it cool, when it cools it will crisp up.
- Add cranberries to the cooled granola and stir it once again.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Let us know if you gave this recipe a try in the comments below.
Also, do check the Chia Seed Pudding Recipe.